This annual event engages communities and volunteers in weeklong blitz builds.
Every year, our Habitat AmeriCorps members and alumni from across the country travel to select cities to help local Habitat offices meet the need for decent and affordable housing in their communities.
In addition to the blitz builds that occur, we also celebrate the impact made through Habitat's partnership with AmeriCorps during this annual event.
2017 AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon
Our 2017 AmeriCorps Build-a-Thon was hosted over the course of three separate weeks in Colorado and Iowa.
You can visit these resources for more information.
Our past Build-a-Thon years and locations
- 2017 — Colorado and Iowa
- 2016 — North Carolina; South Carolina; Colorado
- 2015 — New Orleans
- 2014 — Iowa; North Carolina; Wisconsin
- 2013 — Florida; Washington D.C.; Wisconsin; Washington State
- 2012 — California; Florida; Texas
- 2011 — Alabama; Delaware; Florida; Mississippi; Washington State; West Virginia; Wisconsin
- 2010 — Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 2009 — Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 2008 — Carter Work Project on the Gulf Coast
- 2007 — Mississippi Gulf Coast
- 2006 — Dallas, Texas and Mobile, Alabama
- 2005 — Affiliate Swap across the U.S. and Johns Island, South Carolina
- 2004 — Dallas, Texas and Greensboro, North Carolina
- 2003 — Disaster Recovery in Anniston, Alabama and Carter Work Project in Valdosta, Georgia
- 2002 — Jacksonville, Florida
- 2001 — Oklahoma and Wake County, North Carolina
- 2000 — Miracle on 3rd Avenue in Columbus, Georgia
- 1999 — Twin Cities, Minnesota